Bhutan – Australia Friendship Offer 2018
To commemorate 15 years of diplomatic relationship between Bhutan and Australia, Royal government of Bhutan is offering a onetime special discount for Australian nationals to visit Bhutan in 2018. The offer is valid only for the month of June, July and August.
Normal Cost to visit Bhutan
Normally all the tourists (except Indian, Bangladeshis & Maldivians) visiting Bhutan have to pay a mandatory minimum tariff/fee of US $250 per night spent in Bhutan during peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November) and US $200 during lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August).
On top of minimum daily fee, Single travelers have to bear a surcharge of US $40 per night spent and travelers travelling in a group of two (Dual Travelers) must bear a surcharge of US $30 per person per night spent for both peak and lean tourist season.
Note: Travelers group composing of 3 or more members need not pay any surcharges.
All the visitors must also pay a onetime Bhutan visa fee of $40 on top of mandatory minimum fee and surcharges.
The minimum mandatory tariff/fee covers the following:
1. All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
2. Accommodations in 3 star rated hotels in twin sharing basis.
3. Licensed English speaking guide.
4. Transportation in a comfortable SUV cars, Mini Bus and Medium size Buses depending on the number of travelers.
5. Experienced driver.
6. Sustainable Development Fee of $65 per person, per night stay in Bhutan, which goes for infrastructure development, free education, free medical services and reducing poverty in Bhutan.
7. All government taxes
8. Bhutan visa fee
9. Entry fee to all the tourist visiting sites and museums.
10. Tea and snacks.
11. Bottled water during the day.
What is Bhutan – Australia Friendship Offer?
For Australian nationals and passport holders visiting Bhutan during the month of June, July and August, 2018 can avail the following special offers:
1. Visitors don’t have to pay a mandatory minimum fee of US $200 per person per night spent in Bhutan. Instead they have to bear only the Sustainable development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan.
2. Visitors can avail discounts on Air fares.
This is valid only with Airlines of Bhutan. Currently Bhutan has only two airlines; government owned Druk Air and privately operated Bhutan Airlines which connects Bhutan to following international destinations:
1. Bangkok (Thailand)
3. Katmandu (Nepal)
4. Dhaka (Bangladesh)
5. Kolkata (India)
6. Delhi (India)
7. Guwahati (India)
Check out at www.drukair.com and www.bhutanairlines.com for more details about the discounted rates or contact us.
3. Visitors can avail up to 50% discounts on partnering hotels.
4. Single and Dual travelers need not pay any surcharges.
5. Visitors have the flexibility/choices of services.
This means, unlike other visitors where they have to bear the mandatory minimum fee of US $200 per person per night stay, compulsory accommodations in 3 star and above rated hotels, compulsory guide services and compulsory certified SUV vehicles and buses; Australian nationals visiting Bhutan during the period of this special offer can choose whether to avail guide services, Budget or star rated luxury hotels and SUV cars or budget tour vehicles.
6. Special Airport reception on arrival of the 1st Group
Led by either government ministers or senior officials representing both the country will welcome the 1st group of visitors.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This offer is only valid for the nationals of Australia.
2. The offer is valid from 1st June 2018 to 31st August 2018 only.
3. All the visitors must book their tour through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator (like us – See Bhutan Travels)
4. Visitors must bear a onetime Bhutan visa fee of US $40 per person.
To avail this special offer, you can contact us either via mail, phone or can fill up the contact form below with your requirements and we will get back to you within an hour.